Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zombie

Sydney, Australia (one week before departure)

At the moment I am walking around like a zombie. I am completely disconnected from those around me and my environment. My body is functioning but that is about it. When someone asks me how I am feeling about my trip I reply 'excited' or 'scared'. But the truth is that I feel nothing. At first it scared me I wondered if I was even going to make it to Africa. Now I believe I feel numb because what I am about to do is so different from anything I have ever done before. I am about to take off half way across the globe on my own. Perhaps the feelings would be too overwhelming and I am protecting myself.

In one weeks time I will be on a plane to Cape Town, South Africa; even if I do resemble a zombie

No comments:

Post a Comment