Friday, December 21, 2012

Back Home in Africa

Soweto, South Africa

I am back home in Africa. I feel like I have found the piece of my heart that got left behind the last time I departed. There has been so much I missed while I was away. My heart longed for Africa, and the person that this amazing continent makes me. I missed the dirt covered children that wave and sing hello  I missed the resilience of the people. I missed big open smiles. I missed Africa and I want to savour every moment I am back in my home away from home.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Symon, it's Christmas Eve here and I'm wondering what you're up to in your home away from home. Hope your Christmas Day is a special one. Lots of love, Stella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stella. Hope you had a lovely Christmas. We spent Christmas in Tanzania and celebrated by slaughtering a goat. It was definitely a experience

      Delete