Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spontaneity

Sa Pa, Vietnam (day 113)

"It's disrespectful not to accept a drink when you visit someone's home" one of the girls whsipered with a smile. So we downed our eleventh shot of rice wine. Soon we were dancing and partying in a small village in Sapa. The drinks kept coming and the night got crazier. I was having the time of my life at this unexpected village party.

I realised this morning that this spontaneity is what I have grown to love so much about travel. Every day is an adventure and a suprise. Sometimes travel can be stressful, draining and heartbreaking. But mostly my travels have been exciting, inspiring and enlightining. Surrounded by beauty and culture.

I decided before this trip began that I would keep my mind open and make the most of every opportunity. I have been rewarded with memories that will last a life time and new knowlege that can not be learnt in books. I have grown more resilient and more mature.

I look forward to travelling again and learning and growing even more.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever! And we look forward to your return to hear all about it in person. Love you Symon and look forward to seeing you next week. Stella

    ReplyDelete