Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vietnam...The Highs and Lows (So Far)

Nha Trang, Vietnam (day 101)

My ability to write has somewhat deteriorated due to lack of sleep. So I have decided I will use dot points to sum up my highs and lows in Vietnam so far.


















The Highs

  • Exploring the Chi Chu tunnels in my red shirt.
  • Cuddling a snake on the Mekong River
  • The sleeper train from Saigon-Nha Trang (now that was fun)
  • Mud baths in Nha Trang
  • The spectacular scenery
The Lows


  • Waking to the sounds of screaming at 4am in Saigon. A Vietnamese man had broken into a friends hotel room. She woke up to find him crawling past her bed
  • Watching another friend fall through the floor of a long tail boat on the Mekong River. She fell into the motor and has he ankle shredded. She was rushed to hospital on a motorbike (that's right a motor bike). She then had the amazing experience of a Vietnamese rural hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment